In the beginning of 2000 ‘Allenby 58′ was the place to be: a groundbreaking club, with the best dj’s of the world. Years before it was known as the ‘Rimon Cinema’.
It started all in 1930 when architect Shlomo Gepstein was commissioned a plan to design a three-storey block of flats on a plot at Allenby 58. Plans changed and in 1932 a cinema was build. After the 80′s the building crumbled down, until it became a Tel Aviv hot-spot. Within a few years ‘Allenby 58′ closed his doors and the building looks today in a bad state. A year ago, a Jewish businessman from Morocco bought the empty building for NIS 20 million ($5 million) and ordered Tzadik Eliakim (‘Eliakim Architects’) to turn the building into 35 apartments with beneath the surface 5 parking levels. Only the old facade of the once famous ‘Rimon Cinema’ will remain.